Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blank Stares and Silence

Whilst in Vancouver re-aquainting with the friends I haven't seen in recent history, we played a few rounds of the game Catch Phrase.

Rules are: A word or phrase appears on the screen of this funky little gadget and you have to get the other team to guess what it is by explaining it without saying any of the words. Then pass it to the next person before the buzzer goes off. Its quite emotional. And loud.

So my turn came around and the phrase was 'Cool Beans'.

EASY I thought!

So I start .. voice elevating ... accelerating ...

'UM UMMMM ,,, UHHH ,,, CRAP .. OK SO THIS IS FROM THE MOVIE HOT ROD!!!!!!

YOU KNOW - HOT ROD!!!! THE MOVIE WITH THE GUY? THE STUNTS? THE COSTUME????

UMMM ... UMMMM ... OH MANNN!!!

OH!! I SAY THIS ALLL THE TIME, ITS MY FAVORITE EXPRESSION -

BUUUUUZZZZZ - the timer goes off.

They are all staring at me blankly and someone pipes up "We haven't seen you in 15 years, how would we know what you say all the time".

Fair point. Very fair point.

I'm a spaz sometimes.

No comments: