Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shots on the Go II

So here we go again (i'm wearing my glasses, so hopefully less dumb typos)

I shop at he sweetest little store in Inglewood called Espy and I've gotten to know the staff very well (just ask Scotiabank) so when they had a grand opening for their new, improved (though I like the other store better - it was small and intimate and the floors were hardwood and uneven, etc) store, I wanted to capture the moment with my gal Ashley. Britts came with me and didn't quite know how to work the camera of my blackberry.
  Britt: Opps. Its fuzzy.
Me: k. take another one
Britt: Its not taking
Me: its the middle button - just press it. 
Britt: Oh LeeLee - this is terrible, I'll take it again.
 Britt: Opps. I cut off your heads
Me: k. take one more. 
 Britt: its still fuzzy
Me and Ash: forget it.
(the store owner calls us MaryKate and Ashley - lol)
 I'd just gotten my hair cut and dyed a little darker - and wanted to show Heidi. Plus I was going on a date and needed to know if my outfit was acceptable. 
 Wheee! Registered for the Bluenose Half. Though I've lost a month of training due to illness ... *wah*
 Bree Britt and I went floating down the Bow last summer in Brees new boat. It was groovy. Like a luxury liner of blow up boats.
 That same night (pic from a couple of posts ago) in the cab on the way downtown. (me n' Britt)
 Photo op arriving back at Brees after being shut down by our no sense of humor cabbie. Oh - that still makes me laugh; he hated us. But Bree kept saying, 'this isn't the shortest way home' and Britt and I were like 'don't worry about it, etc'. She said, not whispering, 'but they always try to rip you off'.
 Cool hat I saw at Simons in Montreal. Pretty annoying bits in the front though. Looks like I just cut my hair and went out side in the rain ...
 One of my favorites - Mooresy. This is how she told me I'd left my sunnies at her place in Edmonton.
 This is my desk and those are flip chart notes from a meeting that I had to transfer into an email. You know the expression 'too close to the forest to see the trees'? I was too close to the paper to see the words. I could see about 5 letters at a time. And this was promptly at 5:55 when I was about 5 minutes away from freedom and a workout and ... not being at work. Took me over an hour to do this.
 This truck was outside my gym  - its a giant Dodge painted in red, green, black and white camo. I bet he has guns and shoots gophers. And drinks Pilsner beer. And watches Nascar.
 Cruising Cross Iron Mills with Dad, he turns to me with a straight face and says 'you keep shopping, and come back here to get me in an hour'. (only those who know him will find this funny)
 Forgot to add this to the last post: These are the curtain rod ends for my room. They are as spectacular as you think they are. From Urban Outfitters - I was bringing it in to Home Depot to get a curtain rod that fit.
Wha??? People will buy anything.
 I'm going to write a book.
 This is how I count down my days at work. Some say its what prisioners do.
Really? I ask.
Well I can relate.
 I got this awesome bday card from one of the Managers for another division of our team. That and a Fleetwood Mac cd - he knew I loved music and thought this was 'one for all ages'.
The little bear who was wandering around our camp looking for food. This is taken from my managers office.
And the trap she stayed in for half a day before she met her demise. Poor little thing, but she was becoming too familiar with people which is a danger to all involved.

Thats it !

No comments: