Monday, April 21, 2008

Next Street Over From My House ....

THIS WAS A HEADLINE IN TODAY'S PAPER:

METRO IN BRIEF
Mon. Apr 21 - 5:22 AMSuspect sought after woman sexually assaulted
Halifax police say they have "an excellent description" of a man in his mid-20s suspected of sexually assaulting a young woman in a driveway off Queen Street in Halifax early Sunday morning.
Staff Sgt. Sean Auld said a 20-year-old woman was walking along the city street at about 1 a.m. when she was approached by a stranger and forced into a driveway.
Her assailant fled on foot after the assault, he said.
The woman went to hospital where she was treated for her injuries and released.
The suspect is described as a black man in his mid-20s, 5’1" tall with a muscular build. He had a thin beard along his jawline and short, black hair, just a little longer than a buzz cut.
He was wearing a navy hoodie, black jeans and Air Force 1 sneakers. He also wore a large stud earring and a silver watch.
------------------------------------------

So this is what I have to worry about , coupled with the guy who escaped from Corrections
Officers who were transporting him from the jail to the hospital for day surgery. He un-shackled himself on the trip over in the back of the paddy wagon and took off on the officers.
Please (for everyone involved) don't let me start ranting on the fact that he gets day surgery (while wait lists are a huuuge issue in Nova Scotia and part of the branch I work in with the Dept of Health) .... and that the Corrections Department don't have means of restraining (tazer etc). And the fact that they were too out of shape, er, physically ill-equipped, to run after the 'attempted murderer and prolific bank robber'. This guy is up on something like, 23 charges! He's my age, broke out of Dorchester when he was in his early 20's. The sad part is, this guy is smart!
Like one of the discussion boards said, all they have to do all day is sit around and think about ways to escape .... so if he has a proven record of escaping, and being charming (the officers guards were down, because he was chatting to them on the way to the hospital), its a pretty
lethal combination - putting so many people at risk.
ugh. see? you got me started. I'll stop now.

I guess I won't be walking home from Opa now after my shifts anymore!
So because some dirtbag thinks he can go out and ruin random girl's life by attacking her,
I have to spend money on a cab to get home at night !

'cept this guy from Sunday morning was only 5'1. I could step on him ....
I'll have to get Kenny to show me some moves to take this guy down.

1 comment: