Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hey, I Can't Help That We're Amazing ....

Sooo ... I was offered the chance of a lifetime
yesterday!
My friend was in from Toronto and had an
extra ticket to the Canada USA game.
It was an amazing opportunity, Adam was
away on business, so I decided I'd go.
"Babe, you'd be crazy not to" was the blessing
I went with ....
I've posted some shots. They aren't great
quality, as we were behind a net.
Great seats !!
About 8 rows from the ice with rabid fans
surrounding us.
It was so neat to be there, amid this frenzy
and a sea of red jerseys, painted faces, wacky
head gear, and paper helmets. It was incredible
to be part of it.
My two directors were a little bitter at me. They
were at a pub watching it ...

Shift Change

Lanny MacDonald (not from Cape Breton,
much to my dismay - as the smirk I was met with
when I exclaimed "Lanny! He's from Cape Breton....
..... isn't he?" told me, in fact, he's not!
He just has a Cape Breton name.

He, along with Bobby Orr and some others were
honored. I was too late getting my camera out for
some shots of them.

Look who was in my row!
Chris McQueen! Had a baby boy 8 weeks
ago. Ryder.
I wanted to marry him ... in grade 5!
so hilarious!

Our Wonderful goalie (though he let
a few silly ones in... don't tell him I
said that) He won MVP or something ...

Shot of the Crowd

Great Save !

We're winning ....

We're tied .....

But we won! 5-4 with less than 40 seconds left
in regulation !!! Very Very exciting !
The video below is taken right after ... I don't
think our neighbours to the South liked our
victory too much ... there was a little scuffle on the
ice ...



This video is just a sample of the crowd.

1 comment:

Ramona said...

that's awesome- still laughing about Lanny MacDonald- I would assume the same for some reason.

Great Chris McQ picture!