Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fake Hair. But its Real !?

I have a love-hate relationship with my hair.
Mostly hate.
It takes absolutely forever to grow, and hairdressers seldom seem to understand
my desire to grow it out.
But its thick and a nice color (thanks to L'oreal .... teehee)
It's curly when theres any hint of moisture in the hair. (and I live in the rainiest city I know of)
But it's shiny and I have the choice to go curly or straight.
The scales usually balance out nicely, but ....
An unfortunate occurance this summer (the haircut heard 'round the world)
has had a profound emotional effect on me.
And while I realize that in the grand scheme of things, a bad hair cut is,
well, just that. A bad hair cut.
Keep calm and move on.
Thats a quote I don't live by.
I'm not calm. Never was. Likely never will be.
And this hair cut, which has had to be "fixed" three times, has resulted in
what was supposed to be a chic bob.
It turns out that I, apparently, don't have the same hair chemistry, texture, products - whatever, as the model in the picture I expectantly showed my beloved hairdresser.
(I really do love her. I feel like I've struck gold with her.
I 'cheated on her' in August and will never, ever, stray again ... I promise.)
My hair was spectacular and hip and full and fun when I left my salon.
But left to my own devices, it turns out limp, lifeless and eventually back in a (itsy bitsy) ponytail and lululemon headband ....
Please keep in mind that ALL THIS TIME I know I am being silly, unreasonable, whatever you want to call it.
But I feel ugly and old and icky every single day with this 'do.
So as a Christmas (and bday) present to myself, I've treated - at 50% off by the way (is there any other way??) myself to some extentions.
I've only worn them a couple of times,
but I have to say ........
I feel younger, hipper, happier in my 'real' fake hair.
So real is this hair, that there is actually a grey strand.
Heres a shot.
You'll only get an after shot because the before is well, .......
before.



They were super long when I got them, so I cut them into
a reasonable length. And the hat is worn because I CANNNNNNNN!
A toque on my bob looks like I'm bald.
I know this is a vain post.
But I felt like tellin' my side.
And isn't that what the blogging world is all about ??

Later,
Leanne
xo

Countin down the sleeps to Connecticut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

girl you look AWESOME!! That hair is amazing... and worth it!

miss you

Ramona said...

looks great Lee! Maura says "she's sooo pretty"