Monday, December 1, 2008

Just a Quick Little Story

The other day as I was sitting (for 8 hours straight) in my Packer, and one of the little labourers ( I call them little because they are all under 23 years old !) came over and said "Will you do me a favor"?

He is holding his cell phone up to me.
I said "Sure, what is it"?
He: Will you run over my cell phone with the Packer"?
Me: "No". Why?
He: "Just run over it for me. Pllllllllease"
Me: "Why, is your ex-girlfriend texting you non-stop"?
He: (looking quite shocked) "Yeahhhh, how did you know"?
Me: "I'm a girl. I just assumed."
He: "Yeah", (goes on to tell his story)
Other Labourer coming up behind other Little Labourer (BOTH from Cornwall, PE): "We just found this phone".
Me: "Are you serious?? I'm not going to run over a random phone. Show it to me".
First Labourer: "No, its my phone".
Me: "Lets see it".
I open it and see a rather risque picture on the screen. with Maxim enscribed in the corner.
Me: "Well, if its your phone, how did my picture get on the front of it"?
Them (in unison) "SHUT UP. THATS NOT YOU. (grabbing phone from me) "If you looked like that, you wouldn't be working here!"
Me: "What's THAT supposed to mean?"
First Labourer as Second slips away with his shovel swinging: " Uh, um ,,, I didn't ...."
Me (good natured): "Yeah, probably not the right thing to say .... " "Come back in 10 minutes, if you still want me to run over it, I will."
Him: "Promise?"
Me: "Promise.
9 minutes pass. First Labourer comes marching back up.
Him "Now, I want a SHOW. I want full vibe, full power"
Me: Sign this waiver first (as a foreman's son, I wanted to backlash from this inappropriate action)

He signed the handwritten promise not to tell on me (essentially!)

I drove over his cell phone to the now encircling audience of labourers laughing their heads off.

He thanked me and the next morning when he saw me, he said "Hey! I didn't get any annoying phone calls or text messages last night."

All in a day's work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my word thats hilarious!

skinnylickingood said...

haha, you can run over my phone anytime!!! Just kidding, it's the only one I have.