Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Bad Restaurant, A Bakery, Bad Weather, and a Baby

Just want to give an update on the rest of my week: Nothing exciting, but an update ...

ummmm . .... one last Toronto picture. We were hungry, but passed on the Caribbean King Chinese Restaurant.... somehow.

Saturday was a good day. Maria and I went on a little excursion. Her mom owns a bakery thats in a weekend market. (Maria) has 7 siblings, 6 of which are sisters. I met most of them - and so glad I did. They are simply wonderful. The youngest, Grace, is 11 and a total sweetheart.

Here Maria is with her one month old nephew, Thomas.

And with Grace.
Then we went to Lulu to pick up pants that were being hemmed and de-pilled. Only they didn't de-pill them. Dum dums. Now that means I have to drive to Chinook Mall, pass them over to the poor girl who doesn't want to do it, and wait 4 more days and drive back to the mall to pick them up. The mall is huge - so its not like its a quick in and out thing. It made me a little cranky.

So I'm quietly in my room, puttering away and think its time to go get a snack and heres the scene out the living room window. While the entire East Coast is basking in the sun - this is what I am dealing with. Didn't help the 'ol "missing home so much, can't think straight" mood.
Saturday night I was asked to help out again at church. I'm so glad I went. I met such a sweet girl - married with kids of course, but my age and not weird. She literally jumped up and down when I told her I was Ray's family. Its hilarious - EVERYONE says "Oh! Ray's my favorite."

Then today, I went to see my dear little friend Wendy. We've been gym buddies for almost 7 years before she made a leap of faith, and moved back to NL after reconnecting with her high school sweetheart (after 12 years!!). Two years later, she's married and a mother to a beautiful, happy 6 month old boy, Solomon. She was here for her sisters wedding and is leaving tomorrow. I'm so very happy I got to see her again. She is so cheery and positive. She gave me great insight into how lonesome I am and a pretty major decision I have to make in the coming months.

Here she is with her darling little boy!
It was a nice weekend - quiet - getting a little tired of quiet - but that's par for getting aquainted to new surroundings.
That's it for now. I have to be at the office at 5:30am tomorrow - Off to Edmonton to do a presentation.
Later - xo - L.

2 comments:

Kennyo said...

Is that the wave in one of those pics?? lol
kenny
gogokennygo@blogspot.com

ramonassister said...

yeah Kenny ! It is the Wave. Its mine now !! I love it. I don't always feel ENTIRELY safe in it, but I am so happy and thankful to have it. It rocks !