Sunday, April 12, 2009

BANFFFFFFFFF

Let me prempt this post with
Blogger should be renamed to Booger.
Its a great way to keep in touch, get your chance on your soapbox,
but user-friendly, she ain't!

So moving on.
BEWARE: FOLLOWING PICTURES MAY INDUCE STRONG BOUTS OF JEALOUSY, STRONG FEELINGS OF GEOGRAPHICAL INADEQUACY AND AN IRRESISTABLE URGE TO COME VISIT ME. (you are welcome to, by the way)

Saturday, my wonderful roommate and her boyfriend, and his gregarious brother and I went to the breathtaking, beautiful and bountiful Banff.
The pictures, I must warn you - are absolute crap compared to real life. But here the are anyway, and only wish everyone could see the sights.
(Descriptions will be under the pictures - click to enlarge)
Leaving Airdrie

This view (I'm cheating here) isn't actually on the way to Banff, but its the view I see everytime I crest the hill on Memorial Drive on my way to Ray and Dee's.



'cuze the glare.

don't know why I promised they'd be commentary under every pic.

just liked this view - the double highway snaking into the serenity of the mountains.

love this shot. It was such a beautiful day.

Quincy - said roommates bf's bro - and I hadn't been here before and were like two kids - giving each other our cameras to get the view from our respective windows. And ooohing and aahing.

Like I said, pics aren't doing anything for the real thing.

Another favorite.
Rear view

Just a look-off

I think is on postcards alot

words can't describe




Maria and I posing by the sign that says "Beware the evil Easter gnomes.
They are looking for your chocolate.
Looking down the main street. Banff Ave I think.

Fighting crime cuz speed kills.

My travelling companions.

Funny sign in a jewelry store.



Cute store name.



Proof I was there. Hate posing. Its so cheesy but necessary in this case.

Isn't she pretty? Banff Springs Hotel. Where a wedding will only cost you $30,000!

The main lobby. This bride had ruby red shoes on and the wedding was flapper style.

Sign in.

And in the midst of all this glamour and prestige, was the tackiest, grossest Easter display you've ever seen.
Gotta run. Been at this for over an hour!
Hope you enjoyed!
xo
Leanne

2 comments:

mark said...

Lee,
great pics, but you have been there before, with me! Aug of 1996?

looks like you had fun.
Love Mark

ramonassister said...

Mark, driving 140, taking pictures out a bug splattered windshield, asking you *politely* to slow down, I guess the scope and magnitude of the Rocky Mountians didn't register the first time around.
HaHa!
It was August 95. Yes, we are old.
I would go back and edit my story, but blogger then double spaces the entire thing and its much too much work to fix.
I will post an editors note.
Miss you guys. Jonah asked Leah the other day while I was on the phone if I was going to your house. Made me sad.