Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One Last Loud Talker Post

I find this so interesting ....I wish with all my heart that I wasn't aware that this world exists at 10 am ... I'd rather be working. But this guy is so intriguing.

I got here earlier today to avoid him for a minute, but he was here, exhibiting all aforementioned characteristics. Slow walking, deliberate glances around the room as he makes his way toward the magazine section, stands with hands in his pockets, rocking on his heels while he scans the rack for the most suitable reading for his intellect level and class ranking. He bends at the waist to peer closer to his desired selection to ensure he's making the right decision, all the while keeping a close eye on the door inspecting all patrons as they enter. He narrows his search down to 3 and brings the titles that met his criteria back to his highly visible table.

Today I am unaware of any conversation he's having as I've actually remembered to bring my earbuds and am rocking out to Matt Maher, BUT he's sitting, (I forgot to mention yesterday, he takes up all the space he can, crossing his legs so his feet are in the way when people walk by so he has to make a big effort to move out of their way and gets annoyed when they have to come back the same way from the bathroom and he has to make the same movement to allow them access again) and got up and rearranged the chairs around his table to accomodate what one would assume to be more guests. Sure enough, two beautiful women show up, seemingly willing to join him with fancy, foamy drinks in hand and proceed to talk. Amongst THEMSELVES.

HE IS IGNORING THEM, STILL READING HIS NON-PURCHASED MAGAZINE!!

With his head so casually cocked to the side, he'll occassionally grin and nod, and every once in a while a pronounced yawn will escape, while exercising his right to indifference and showing these women whose controlling this situation ....

Now he's animatedly involved in the dialogue and said used periodicals are placed on the table to show these lucky, lucky women that they are now worthy of his attention.

Its like watching a Charlie Chaplin movie. But in vibrant color and without the jerky movements. Just the jerk. (just joking - I'm sure he's a great guy? - is that what I'm supposed to say?)

So I have to go now and stop people watching and start job-watching.

xo
L.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Love love love you. You make my day better :)