Monday, April 12, 2010

A.... B.... C.... Easier than 123

To get out of the winter blues we all experience despite a nicer than normal winter here in Calgary, I am co-hosting a party.

I've been aching to have a theme party for a while now. I have friends with big houses, but roommates, I have other friends with big houses, but buying and moving to other houses .... so the search continued.

Until now. I have found a willing participant to open his home, new patio furniture and back yard to a number of invited guests to partake in a themed party. We pondered the possibilities ... would we do Mexican? White Trash Superhero? White trash? Make-your-own-superhero?

The theme decided on, you ask? Open your mind when I say "an ABC party".

Already Been Chewed? comes the question and quizzal expression. Activity Based Costing? American Blimp Corporation??? An Adversity Builds Charactor party??

Nah, none of the above. Its an "Anything But Clothes Party". Sounds racy and dirty?? Nah! Clothes are mandatory, but they can't be clothes. You can dress in anything else but actual clothes.

I went to the Dollar Store today and got a shower curtain and anti-slip things for the tub. And, of course, duct tape! Duct tape will be the strap for my dress and I'm doubling up the curtain so its not see-through and away I go. I can't wait for May 1st!!! Sending out the evites as soon as co-host inputs his email addresses.

So awesome to have a friend who will willingly follow through on my whimiscal and spontaneous ideas. He's away in Palm Springs, so planning this is kind of a challenge, but its only a party - its not like we're solving world hunger or anything ....

Peazing Out ..... for now.

Off to the gym to make sure the shower curtain sticks to my muscles and not my fat ....

I'm just sayin'

LLM

No comments: