Thursday, July 1, 2010

Long Time, No See

Between moving and not having internet yet, having nothing productive to say and just not having time - I've been neglectful to my blog and to you, my faithful followers. BAHAHA. I kid. I kid.

I will give a run-down of what is happening.

I signed a 6 month lease on a sweet little apartment in a really cool part of Calgary. Its bright and airy and newly reno'd with a brand new stuff. I'm finding little things like wall art (stick on quotes etc) to make it nice for my time there. Because in 6 months, I can't imagine still being in this situation, so I'm sending positive energy to the universe so hopefully positive energy will come back to me and I'll be on my way to bigger and better things .... (your prayers for this anticipated event would be very very appreciated ;-)

I started working at a super cool Electrical Engineering firm in the trendiest part of the city;I love it there. I'm working at the front desk (thats where all the office administration work is done) and work with really neat people. And the office closes at 1 on Fridays. Every Friday!

I saw someone steal a bike the other day. Dirtbag. The person who owned it couldn't catch him. And I was in flipflops and office clothes, otherwise I'd have loved to take out my aggression on a lowlife bike thief. I would've grabbed him from behind and clobbered him. THEN told him he needed to know Jesus! How's that for vigilante evangalism?? Oh! And I was standing outside of Starbucks with Bree who was in her EMT uniform and this customer comes to the door and tells Bree that its her responsibility because shes in a uniform to go after the guy. She told him she was ambulance, not police and he said it didn't matter, that she in a uniform. Lazy guy. He was in a lot lighter clothes than her, if he was so concerned, he could've done it himself! haha

I got to spend a wonderful weekend with my dad all to myself, on Fathers Day at that. Ray and Dee's son got married to a girl from SA and the reception for family and Calgarians was here and Dad happened to be here that weekend and got to meet all the Matheson cousins. Amazing family, amazing weekend.

Bree had a bbq with all the crew from our whitewater rafting trip. (plus a few, minus a few). We had a lot of laughs, good stories, crazy antics and over eating.

Barry and Iris and kiddos came for a visit, and it was as usual, action packed and crazy. We had a great time and it was wonderful to hang out with the kids and be foolish and to have a much overdue heart to heart with Iris.

My friend from Vancouver, Darkise, was in Calgary and we went for dinner at Montanas. She's met, married, pregnant, and will give birth all within 11 months of meeting her now husband. Ain't that CRAZY ???!?!? She's completely happy and is literally mesmerizing to look at. She glows and has the sweetest smile and is the very same person I was lucky enough to meet while living in Van. She was the nanny to people I worked with and since we both went to church, were outgoing and 19, the mom thought we'd be great friends so she hooked us up!! She was right!!

Thats about it for now. I'm going to put up pictures in another post. Kinda backwards, but so I am these days, so as Landon says, "Let's just go with it".

xo Peace yo xo

No comments: