Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PERMANANT FULL TIME

More good news. I signed on the dotted line at my new permanent full time job, complete with RSP matching, bonus’ twice a year, great flex time, overtime, room to grow etc.

I am thankful, grateful, relieved, happy, calm, peaceful and feel secure in my job. Its been a long time coming, but its worth the wait, I can’t imagine working for a better company. They are very complimentary when a job is done well and honest when something needs to be worked on.
Thursday, a client was at the front desk waiting for someone and about 4 of us were around the desk working as usual which involves goofiness, laughing and general hooliganness – and the guy was staring at us a little cod fish mouth-ish and said ‘wow, you guys have a lot of fun here, don’t you?"

And the beautiful thing is, is that this is everyday, its not put on for visitors or its not an ‘every now and then’ thing. This is the real deal. We have dumb nicknames for each other and we are often caught laughing our heads off, but always working, and (generally productive). Its amazing. I’ve never been exposed to a workplace like that and God knows, I’ve been exposed to a lot of work places!

I am over the moon that I am where I am, 5 kms from work, free parking, off work at 1 on Fridays, so many, many wonderful perks of working there. It’s one of the trendiest parts of the city, its across the river from downtown, so we still get the downtown ‘feel’ but its not crazy busy, its quaint and has a real artsy feel to it.

Again with the ‘B’ word I hate so much, but I feel truly blessed in life right now. I am surrounded by good people and have waited all my life to feel like I do right now.

And I am thankful for my faithful friends/family who prayed for me and kept me going when I couldn't do it myself!

No comments: