Saturday, December 24, 2011

Didn't-Need-To-Know-That

At London Drugs in Red Deer tonight, I picked up a giant bottle of water (since I'd just downed a man-size ribs and shrimp meal at Montana's) and a pack of Imodium (in case of mistakenly ingested Mexican water / diarrhea friendly food).

The older cashier greeted me kindly, asked if I needed a bag to which I replied a pleasant 'no thanks, I'm good.'

She looks at my two items on the counter and says 'oh, my husband has that problem. Me? I'm the opposite.'

I, for some reason, mental reflexes, I'm sure, said 'oh no, I'm going away tomorrow and am buying this as a just-in-case medication.'

She said 'are you going to Mexico?'

I said 'yes.'

She said 'are you flying?'

I said 'yes'

Weirdest, most awkward conversation with a cashier to date.

1 comment:

Heidi @ Idlehide said...

are you flying? seriously? duh.