Thursday, December 15, 2011

It Only Hurts To A Certain Point

(image from pinterest)

I've been doing some longer runs these days
and its true.
You get to a point in the run where you think
"I'm just gonna do this - it can't get any worse than this".

THEN

I own that run by using the last couple of kms to do some sprints and lunges.

AND

when I hit the garage code to open the door as I'm stretching and dizzy and exhausted and sweaty, I think
 "It can't get any better than this".


I love running; its my main addiction in life (not counting Pinterest or Etsy) and while its wrecking havoc on my knees, its doing wonders for my brain, energy and ambtion level.

BECAUSE

when you run, you automatically and naturally want to do better than your last. You want to run it faster, or you want to run longer so you run a little quicker, or take the long way home. It pushes you to succeed. And that overflows into your everyday life.

THANK YOU

to an old friend for pushing me to get into it (called me names when I flaked out) and to my aging body for making me continue it as a weight loss option and to my sisters and cousin Rae for inspring me to become a better athlete and run a half marathon. I am excited for the challenge.




1 comment:

Ramona said...

You're awesome and I am looking forward to doing this together [or at lease near each other at the starting line :)]