Thursday, March 29, 2012

Calgary to Halifax - Part IV (thats 4) - Niece Date - My Afternoon with Marilu

She's the only girl out of all boy cousins around these parts, exactly like myself when I was her age, so I thought I'd take her on an afternoon of girly things. So after our manicure, (she now has a profile at Life Salon and Spa :-). They thought she was my daughter and since we have the same last name, I didn't bother to correct them; it wasn't worth it to further confuse the new girl who didn't know how to enter appointments into the computer.
Isn't she a pretty little thing??
We had such a great time. We went to Mexicali Rosa's and she kept pointing out all the things that weren't ACTUALLY spanish. haha. I knew everything when I was 9 too.
Ahhh ... Mexi's. How I'd forgotten about the warm, seasoned tortilla chips and fresh, homemade salsa that comes with every table. We polished it off quite nicely. And quickly.
Chicken Avocado Salad. Edible bowl if you're not a lameballs gluten free like me.
Amazing salad with salsa, cheese, green onions, delish chicken (sad to report the extra avocado was hard - like the kind I don't buy in the grocery store). But otherwise, it was amazing. Cilantro dressing?? Better than it sounds!
Fun day! We met up with her parents at Lulu and went down to the Wave fr
om there. It'd gone from 30 to about 10 from one day to the next.
I was unprepared and silently complained about my state of warmth.

No comments: