Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kearl Quotes - Part II I Think

The time has come to share some of the quotes gathered by The girls and I as we make our way through our days on this crazy, wild, ride we call a job.

I thought there was more than there is, but the truth is, most of them can't be blogged. Too incriminating to ones character. ;-) . So, in true me fashion, I will protect the innocent. ie. me.

Here goes:

"I know way too much about my bosses bowel movements". (said with a sigh after another bathroom break announcement)

"We're going to wait for you to cross because you're not brutally bad looking" (Tassie, as we stopped for pedestrians as we were taking a drive on Site to see the progress of construction)

"Lets put our hardhats on so we look legit". (Tassie,  same drive on Site)

"If its in the cat, its in the kittens " (Cape Bretoner talking about weird people he grew up with who had equally weird parents)

"No wonder you can't get a husband, look at the crap you eat". (said to me whilst eating hemp hearts and chia seeds in cottage cheese)

"Just because I'm pretty, doesn't mean you can talk to me". (certain blonde who works with me, in regards to the male attention she received at camp)

"Theres more meat in a butchers apron". (same Cape Bretoner talking about a skinny girl)

1st girl: "How'd you get him to do it?"
2nd girl: (after aquiring a coveted 'yes' from one of the managers) "Wear a see through shirt, you get whatever you want".

"If its status hes looking for, he needs a new haircut". (in reference to a coworker who was upset with a shift in the organization which left him with a lesser title than he had prior to)

"I'm a total swan now". (stunning co-worker reflecting on her awkward, skater high school years)

"uggghhh ... my invisible abs hurt". (Tassie after a particulary hard workout the night before)

"On a scale of 1-10, that looks 50% better". (bossman to me after I'd tied my hair back into a sloppy (is there any other way) bun on a curly hair day)

Two girls in a conversation about a strapping young man who has joined our team:
1st girl: "Is he on facebo"?
2nd girl: "Open profile"!

And this is what makes my days better here. Clever people with personalities and quick wit who aren't afraid to use it.

Thats it yo'

No comments: