Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Little Trip North

I made a quick trip to Edmonton to see my dear friend Carol.

First of all, its truly a miracle that I don't get speeding tickets on my way to Edmonton. Its a great, two lane, well kept highway that is crawling with police; RCMP hide away in regular looking vehicles, like pick up trucks and Escapes and such things. Sneaky sneaky.

But I somehow always manage to escape unharmed. Though while I stopped in Red Deer to fuel up, I put make-up on just in case I did get stopped. I'm not kidding. I, personally, was happy enough with my bare face, but it ain't gonna get me out of a ticket, in fact might even get me one. So I applied some foundation and mascara and bronzer and practiced my widest eyes and most charming smile in the event my speed was clocked. Everyone on that road speeds, its just a luck of the draw situation ...

Three hours in car
with me
singing
gets really tiring and boring so I gaze out the window and day dream daydreams. One of the day dreams I daydream about is triggered by the large and many horse pastures I drive past. Some day ...

But the little tiny, itty bitty, can't really walk yet calves are one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I squealed in delight.

And then the little (really) old man in a Buick Regal, hands at 10 and 2, eyes straight ahead with his cowboy hat on. He got the same reaction the calves had.

The Red Deer Starbucks girl gave me a free coffee. I love free. It makes me happy. It must've been my makeup and charming smile. jk

When I stopped for fuel, I used the 'ladies room' at the Esso. Oh. Dear. Lets just say the term ladies room is overshooting the runway .... I convinced myself that the moisture on the floor was the result of a recent mopping and not what would be the seemingly obvious by-product of missed-toilet-whilst-urinating action.

I had a wonderous time with Carol - shes a great hostess and with no pressure to do anything crazy, we stayed in, drank some wine and watched Big Bang Theory. Oh yeah, saw the movie The Lucky One and its surprisingly good. The little boy stole my heart with his giant blonde curls and little boy energy.

On Sunday, I took my little buddies Haley and Faith out for lunch and to Walmart for some clothes. They are such special children who are a little more mature and just a little bit different every time I see them and it makes me happy (and exhausted) to hang out with them.

It was a super weekend - very happy to have the people in my life that I do.


No comments: