Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mini Lightbulb Moment

"For some of us, the Gypsy years can go on forever, ... That isn't such a bad thing. When all is said and done, they're a lot of fun. The truth is, I liked being a Gypsy. It's who I was. And it's still a lot of who I am. Gypsy, it's a good word.”-Chita Rivera (Broadway actor)

I saw this quote as someones Facebook status yesterday and it really hit home.

I've had the opportunity recently to really 'be still' and do some pretty serious soul searching which included questions I didn't want to have to answer.

And this quote in a nutshell answered a lot of them in the 10 seconds it took to read it. It strangely gave me a glimpse of peace; this is who I am, and this is the life I'm living. I am not the typical 37 year old woman and I have to embrace that. I may not always be a gypsy, but really, who knows that? I might be, and if I'm am .... well thats not what I'd hoped for, but think of the stories I'll be able to tell!

No comments: