Saturday, July 21, 2012

I think I'm Jaded


(names have been changed to protect the patience challengers innocent)

today at work, I say to one of the supervisors as he entered the trailer:


me: John, I need your travel work order for july 11th. (we get paid to drive to work - its kind of groovy, though driving to work isn't always)

him : *blank stare*

still him: *stands in middle of office as though freeze-framed, gazing into his thoughts*

annnnnd moments later, still him: oh, I didn't give you one?

me: silence (to prevent the obvious answer of "apparently not and i don't have time to sit here and try to convince you that you didn't hand it in")

him: for the 11th?

me: remaining quiet, while continuing to work

him: hmmm.. weird, I thought I gave you one.

me trying to dispel the new awkwardness in the air: nope. and i need Billy's too.

him: oh, he didn't give you one either?

me: (inside my head: its not april fools, i'm not joking, i'm not yanking your chain, i'm not joshin' ya. if i didn't need one, i'd not have initiated conversation regarding missing travel work orders)

still me: silent, continuing in the quest to not have my actual, real-time, emotion show. though i do think my subsequent disbelieving glance made him say:

i guess not, if you don't have it.

me: in a narrow window of graciousness, and with a pleasant smile, "no problem, just as soon as you can would be great"


*DISCLAIMER*

i realize i shouldn't be so impatient, but come on!

*DISCLAIMER 2*

i know i do stupid and annoying things too - which just at this moment has led me to wonder:

'just how many people have gone home at the end of their day and blogged / complained about something i did?'

just a thought.


No comments: