Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cowtown Jaaames!

Here I go!
Leaving for my new little life tomorrow.
Taking the Wave, loaded down with my life's belongings.
(minus my winter clothes .... good riddance bulky sweaters, puffy coats and toques)
Well, helllllo sweet little skirts, open toe high heels, and yellow slash flowery, girly clothes.
I digress.
So where was I? Oh yeah. Taking the Wave, taking over payments (how grown up and mature), and taking on the city of Calgary.
I have so enjoyed my time here in Fort McMurray. I have completely loved my time with Iris, and as it turns out, taken it for granted. I cannot believe I'm not going to see her everyday and hear that laugh. It makes me super sad. I won't be seeing Mom everyday either. We've been hanging out alot too. She rocks!
And of course, the little monkeys. I won't be mauled when I walk in the door now ... boo.
I won't hear the bedroom door open, door knob hit the wall, and look up to see that dimple and a big smile and hear "Good Mornnnnning Auntie Leanne, are you awake?". Followed by a ceremonious and well calculated jump on my semi conscious body and icy cold hands all over my face. While some mornings, that wasn't exactly a welcome greeting, I know I'm going to long for it very soon. Because some mornings he would stay for a cuddle and I would melt like butter ....
I'm going to miss Marilu's 6-going-on-12 stories about school and fashion advice and shopping trips.
I'm going to miss Barry's stories about Casey.
I will miss Iris' cooking. Because to everyone's relief, she got better and is cooking again.
I am not scared about moving to the big city, but I'm something. I'm not totally relaxed and calm about it. I know this because I am breaking out into those weird red marks on my neck and chest. I think its just the unknown - I know everythings going to work out, and I'm going to have a great support system there - I just wish I knew the answers now. About everything.

So thats all for now. Catch you on the flipside.
xo
Leanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lee-
So exciting you're going to Calgary, now that my whole family, almost, is out west, I reaaalllly have to make a trip.

Good Luck, and next month I have to add you to my my5 so I can call you lots. (Well, you know me and the phone, it prob. wont be lots, but whatev) ;)

Xoxo, Heidi