Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Handley

I tell him all the time that his dimples get him out of alot of trouble.
(not that he understands the concept ... he is only 3)
You wouldn't even believe the combo of those dancing eyes, that smile and those crazy dimples.
So I was driving around the industrial park the other day with him looking for 'big twucks'. So we drove around the John Deere yard, looking at excavators, rock trucks, backhoes, packers, etc.
We went to Cat to look at the machines there, and on the way back, we come upon this sight:
(I know I take crap pictures .... but its not a photo site, its just a 'life update' site)
I think Handley heard angels singing, saw bright heavenly lights and felt the Spirit move him,
he was so excited to see this display.
I thought "What the heck". ( I didn't ACTUALLY think those exact words, as I don't use the work heck - but my thought was along the same concept line)
I pulled up to the front of the building, took a very excited boy inside,
let him do the charming, and me the talking.
I asked the receptionist if there was anyone who could show a heavy hauler obsessed 3 year old the truck out front.
He was already in the center of the office, explaining to the three employees how an excavator works and that the arm (with motions) 'digs really deep holes'.
That was it. With his big eyes and crooked smile, he won them over.
"Sure it was no problem - where are the keys?"
They just needed permission from the boss (who was walking by at the moment) and a volunteer.
Check him out. He was in disbelief. He couldn't believe that he was going to drive one of these things.
The poor SMS employee (Jason, actually). I'm sure he didn't come in to work today
to go back outside in -30 weather and show equipment.

I have video of him in this. He's touching everything, moving every lever.
It's very cute.

On to the heavy hauler. He wasn't up there very long. I didn't go up with him, and
SMS employee Jason and I were freezing.
AND the receptionist gave me a die cast replica of this truck to give to him.
So I saved it for Sunday as a reward (or 'award' as he calls it)
He went bananas when he got his reward. It worked.
He thought if he was bad again for the rest of the day (and the next) that he'd
have the truck taken away from him.
He asked me, "Why won't the tires come off it?"
He has a reputation for wrecking things within minutes of owning them.
And he couldn't believe that it won't break on him! ha! such a funny kid.
Or as he says " I was just playing with it and it bwoke".
Marilu got a super cute book as her reward. It has chapters in it. She's very proud of her grown up book.

No comments: