Monday, May 25, 2009

Boring, Mundane, Un-Inspiring, Not Exciting, But Took Too Long Typing to Not Publish Post

Seems I am doing a little "summary" every Sunday. So here's this weekend. Though you already know my Friday night social mishap.
It was hot all weekend. (my weekend to work)
I got the afternoon off work (my regular "9-5" job)Friday.
Went downtown.
Met a friend for coffee.
Walked 17th Ave.
Yes, I said friend. I have them here now, you know.
Went to Bree's for a wonderful homecooked Thai meal.
Went to the gym. Paid $80 for a month membership.
But got to sit in those crazy massage chairs after. Makes it worth it. Kind of. Maybe not.
Then my run-in with the law (well, the law was outside) occured (see prior post)
Worked Saturday. It was something like 24 degrees out. It was dead until 3:30 then we were flat out til 5.
Went to church. Sat around after until 9:00 not noticing time passing. Had Lavander Tea and laughed alot.
I now know Travis' last name. Its been a mystery for two months. Its Heide - pronounced Hide. I was saying Heidi? this whole time. Yes, with the question mark at the end because I didn't actually know the answer.
Went to church this am to see Auntie and Uncle Lloyd. Didn't stay since I had employment obligations. But had a 5 minute chat with them. While waiting for their arrival, I sat and had coffee with former strangers. I love that I am meeting so many people. Everyone's got a story.
Worked all afternoon in the boiling, un-air-conditioned store. Made two sales. One big. One small. Ironically, the small one took up most of my time there. (grrr ... but thats a 'hooooooe 'nov-va story)
Went to the Seed. Turned out to be a very eventful night. Thats all I'll say about that.
Now I am home - Sunday nights are hard. I am still very lonesome for Halifax and find my quiet time on the Work Week Eve pretty tough.
But bossman is back tomorrow and I'm sure by the end of the day I won't even know my own name! He's been away for 3 weeks and I'm in for a loooong week. But its been pretty slow with him gone, so I'm looking forward to the change in pace.

That's it. Laundry done, robe burnt, (secret) good deed done, going to bed and I'm ready to face another week.
I'm going to Banff from Friday til Sunday .... and a full schedule in between. I can hardly wait.

(i forgot to tell you - one of my roomies got engaged the other day - in the park in the spot where they first said the "L" word. cute hey? Maria said that every single (single) girl who's lived with here has moved out engaged. fyi. Though I am known as a trend-breaker. also fyi)

g'nite.
xo
L.

No comments: