Saturday, May 23, 2009

What's That Law Called? Oh Yeah! Murphy's!

So, along with most of my gender, I have a secret crush on firemen. In fact, its not a secret, it's quite public. So tonight, I'm getting ready for my early morning workout, ironing clothes for work, showering etc. I was cruising around my little house in my ugly, nubby, pilled, pulled, LaSenza clearance rack reject fleece housecoat. My hair pulled back into a greasy ponytail, I make my way with my gym bag and crisp cotton clothes for my big day at Rogers to the entry way so I don't forget anything. I whip open my bedroom door and notice the front door open. I continue into the living room and notice red flashes on the trees. I look out the window to see three emergency vehicles in front of the house and immediately notice four emergency personnel walking up my steps. I frantically scramble to the other side of the living room (please keep in mind that this is an average size, single dwelling bungalow living room) - picture a deer. in headlights. caught. My mouth gaping open in absolute disbelief that I am seen by anyone in this condition, the fireman and EMT's enter my house, politely say hello to me as I stand frozen (but boiling hot) and awkwardly wait for them to leave the room. I (think) manage an intelligent greeting (we will never know) BUT I need to get to my bedroom which is through the doorway that the tall, broad, tanned, quintessential fireman is standing. He wasn't moving along with the rest who were going to attend to the victim. I falter towards my destination, and mutter 'scuse me. sorry. He (is smirking, I swear) says, "no problem, are we interupting your bath?" I said, avoiding all eye contact "No, I just wasn't expecting company" as I slunk into my room, my face even redder than 10 minutes prior when I took the stinging collagen mask off.
But I wanted to know what was going on. So I grabbed the first strappy black dress I could find, threw on some makeup..... not really. I pulled a hoodie and non tattered pj bottoms and half yelled at a rolling on floor laughing Maria (who in addition to her amusement at my follies, told me to go down myself and find out what happened that there were LOTS of hot men in her basement) and found out that one of the roommates boyfriend passed out for about 5 minutes!

OBLIVIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see some things don't change, hey? (he's totally fine - don't know what happened though. I've only met him once, so I didn't want to go down and inquire - I'm sure he was pretty embarassed as it was)

No comments: