Sunday, May 17, 2009

Insert Own Clever Title Here

It was a busy week, with work and work. And social (things are looking up ;-) Mom and Dad came to visit Friday afternoon. So awesome to see them again. I took the afternoon off work and (we hit the mall - like I needed to tell you that) Then dinner at Ray and Dee's - With Mora and Craig. Auntie , U. Lloyd, Gerry and Betty. I didn't even care that I was the youngest by almost 30 years and that it was a Friday night and most people I know are whooping it up with their peers. I felt so amazingly lucky to be sitting around a big table, laughing, hearing stories from their childhood, having my parents there, feeling very very loved and safe. I tried to just be in the moment and soak it up. It was such a happy, carefree evening. Its so neat to meet so much family - and continue to be in awe of how raw their happiness is and how they instantly love you. No questions asked. No criteria to meet.
Today, Dad, Mom and I cruised downtown Calgary. Dad looking so handsome in his Birthday outfit from Barry and Iris, er .... Iris, and Mom cruising around in her fancy new glasses and ner hair! We had a super time. It was fun being the host and just to be around them again. It was my first time down there on a leisure trip. It's very cool: lots of neat buildings, statutes etc. My friend Bree met us and we went to Red Lobster for lunch with Aunite and U.Lloyd. The camera battery conked out after about 10 pictures, but I got a couple of good ones. The pics posted are from my little point and shoot. I'll post some Rebel (yes, I used the Rebel ... the love affair continues) pics later.
Enjoy!

Mom's Mom's Day gift. She loves it and wears it all the time. And we love her.

Nephew and Aunt - one just back from the hairdresser. Can you guess who?

Auntie and my sweet new friend Bree. Everyone should know Bree. Love this picture of Auntie.

Nephew and Uncle. Both very special people.

My nephew. My Desktop Wallpaper. Makes me warm and fuzzy everytime I look at it. Then I laugh because the picture is from Ramona's blog where Landon says to her "Hey you in the Ramona suit."

Unpredicable Calgary Weather. Taken on Thursday. One-way-ticket -East-inducing.
***** YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HEARD THIS, BUT I AM GOING HORSEBACK RIDING TOMORROW ****
(BRINGING SAID REBEL ...... HOPE TO GET SOME GOOD ONES! )
And just to acknowledge the pink elephant, yes, I know fully that I am spoiled and am too old to be. My parents are better to me than they need to be, but please note, I do not expect it nor do I ask for it. Well, maybe I asked to use the Rebel (that way, she'll HAVE to come back to visit - cagey hey?) I promised her beautiful mountain and horse pictures and I think that closed the sale. Let's hope my charm works on people who need Rogers cell phones!
xo
L.

No comments: