Monday, May 11, 2009

A Little Sunday Night Round up

So heres a little mish mash of the rest of my week:
(I keep forgetting that Blogger puts the pictures on in the opposite order you picked them in, so this is going to be backwards because its 10 pm and I don't feel like fighting with the pictures and having them delete by mistake etc ......)
It was Mother's Day today, as we all know. And Dee had a brunch at her place after church. Adi and I were invited and arrived fashionably late because we were hanging out in the gorgeous sunshine downtown and lost track of time. So anyhoooooow, Mora and Craig were there along with their daughter Sara and son in law Matt, and their 6week old daughter, Bella. Such a sweet little thing! And Matt is so super nice, totally outgoing and just an all around nice guy. And Sara, is gorgeous and laid back and a total sweetheart. She's got some good genes and can't really help her goodness! It was fabulous to see Craig and Mora again.
So below is the 4 generations of Matheson women. Pretty special, hey?
Its totally not a great pic of the baby, theres a better one later.

Heres Auntie quietly waiting for the instructions and who sits wheres for the photo session. Check out her glam outfit!

Friday night was Adi's apartment warming. She has hit the jackpot with her new place. Its one street away from 17th Ave, which is the swanky, shop-y, downtown. It's completely renovated and fully furnished with very expensive 'things'. I get a little green every time I'm in there. Its gorgeous! Isn't she just the cutest little thing ever?! She's a super cool gal.

Kitchen - with dinner fully prepared by Dee!

Totally switching gears here, I found this pic on my camera. I took it a couple of weeks ago. And someone was coming up behind me at the intersection so I couldn't get the entire building and had to keep driving and this the next best shot. But check this out. See how huge this entire building is? They aren't hiring for two years! That is amazing to me. Thats just a little insight into the magnitude of the oil bust!

Thats it! Just getting ready for my work week. I am doing alot better and crying less :-). I'm still really missing home but feeling more settled here and making new contacts all the time. Adi's landlord is an avid horseback rider, so we're going to go riding in the mountains in a couple of weeks. I can't wait. How amazing is that going to be? And I met a super cool girl at the Seed who is my age, similar situation etc. I was there for 4 hours today and it just flew by. We manned the clothing store and the bin room. So very eye-opening. My time spent there makes so thankful that I have the means and the mind to provide myself with the basics of life. I had no idea the things I took for granted. None. Like privacy for one. A bed. Dignity. Pj's. A bookshelf. Because really, theres alot who are just one paycheque away from it. I hope I never forget the lessons and sights I am seeing, and sounds I am hearing from this experience.
I don't mean to end on such an intense note. Sorry. But I'm too tired to think of anything cheery and sunny right now!
Have a good week everyone!
xo
L.

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Thanks for the update Lee- I'm glad to hear that are acclimating.

The pics of Auntie's family are great- they're all good looking! And Auntie looks so much like Grandma.

Love you- keep sharing stories!
Mo xoxo