Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

In line with my unconventional life, I am a part time nanny for the next two weeks while my boss' child is awaiting summer camps.

Today the following conversation took place:

6 year old: "Can you do this?"
me: (not looking up) "What?"
6 year old: "This"
me: (looking up this time, only to see him sticking his middle finger up) "No, I can't," I lied.
6 year old: "It's really easy, let me show you how." And he proceeds to bend my hand into a fist, finger by finger, leaving the longest one sticking up.
me: "Wow - where did you learn how to do that?"
6 year old: (proudly) "My brother" (13 year old brother)


Earlier in the day:

6 year old: "OK Bushy:
me: "What did you call me?"
6 year old: "Bushy."
me: "Why?"
6 year old: "Because of your hair."

My lateral whiplash injury has resurfaced and I was unable to tend to my unruly head of curls this morning in the usual manner of blowdrying, flatironing. Resulting in a pretty interesting 'do' all day.

No comments: