Thursday, August 13, 2009

Go Stamps Go!

The Stampeders played the Winnipeg BlueBombers Saturday night.
I suggest to Wes that we get a group together.
He quickly and easily accomplishes the task. Which consists of the usual suspects.
Wes decides that we should dress up. You know, body paint, wigs, homemade t-shirts.
I was probably called into work - perks of my new position - have to drop what I'm doing and go rescue some poor kid who's left their keys home and I get to go and lock up the store. Or something equally inconvenient. Sweet, sweet perks. I got 'em !
We all meet at Wes' at 5;30 - to get 'ready'
SO: Here I am, painting Wes, taking over from him from places he couldn't reach, and Kat took over from me when I got tired. It was very labour intensive. And theres Mike is on the floor making our tshirts.

Wes convinces his bro to wear the white afro wig and paint his face

The finished product. Lets just say we were quite the scene in 16th Ave traffic. Think Quinpool at rushhour - on steriods. We even had people videoing us with their iPhones. I was in the back under the cover of tinted windows. But the boys weren't. We travelled in two trucks, so it was fun to see people swivelling when they saw both vehicles with freakshows driving them.

Here we are! Mike was so busy making our clothes, that he didn't have time to get painted. He's super quiet though, so I bet he was pretty happy .... So funny that HE was the anomaly, not us!

Kat and Josh

We wanted to get on the Jumbotron, but we couldn't even see it - our seats were so crap! Thats what we get for cheaping out! But we had random people asking to take our picture. And those boas! We found black and red feathers everywhere around the stadium! Wes looked like Satan - and small children were genuinely frightened.

My tee. Thats the Winnipeg Blue Bombers logo on the back ... get it? eats horse poop? Stampeder poop?

Oh YEAH! There was a game. I almost forgot. We won. But I don't remember one play. Or the score.

Another great night with great people. Next time - we're getting better seats and I already know what I'm going to wear! I'll let someone else have a turn with the Wendy's wig ....
Peace !
Leanne

1 comment:

Ramona said...

That sounds like fun!! Miss you! I miss talking to you- there has been lots going on here!