Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weekend Update with LeeLeeMac

Long time, no talk !

Life is kicking my butt these days and no time to think, eat, drink, call anyone, think (did I mention that??) HOWEVER ,,,, on Friday morning, after a long week of little sleep, poor eating habits, and a night spent on a couch in Edmonton with a dog walking and whining all night click clacking on a hardwood floor, to wake at 5:30 to drive 3 hours back to the city to get to work in time to get in my work truck and drive to Banff and Canmore to do my store audits, deliver inventory ..... I had a mini meltdown in front of my GM and told him the job was too big for me, and I felt like I was failing and that the tasks they required of me daily was physically impossible and the pressure was too much.
POOR friggn' guy! Didn't know what to do with an emotional, big fat tears coming down her face, frazzled employee. He reassured me that I would be getting my bonuses (as natch, money is a stressor for me) and that I wasn't failing, and he didn't want it to come to this again, that I needed to tell him when I was feeling overwhelmed and that we were a team etc etc etc.
How humbling. I present as this confident, in control, assertive professional and I totally lose it when my boss asks me a simple question as "did you get caught up on your rest last night"? I answered "no". He asked "why". I break down.
So the orders from him at 4:23 on Friday when I was stuck in traffic on 9th Ave, sweltering in my little (awesome, little) car and rocking out to Shine were "do not work this weekend, recharge your batteries, you are not allowed to go into the stores this weekend."
THOSE are orders I can live by!

I'm going to my roommates wedding today. I'm wearing the same dress as I wore to Ashley's. I hope noone notices. tee hee

Ummmm .... so I went to see ACDC this week in Ed. Bree was supposed to go, but she got stuck in Maui (poor thing) so I went with her friend Brittney and Trudy. OMEGOSH it was epic. I only knew like every third song, but what a show. They sure do know how to entertain. It rained and poured and thundered and lightened. We were soaked to the bone. Soaked. I haven't seen rain like that since Halifax. It was crazy. The ticket purchase was a spur of the moment way back in April - and I was feeling kinda bad in the week leading up to it, as it isn't exactly the most spiritually fulfilling place to be, but we got into it. We bought $12 ACDC tee's from WalMart and I deconstructed them. They turned out so well. Mom and Mo would be proud. I cut them up, added piping, ribbon, and lace. Very very cool. And it was raining so hard and Trudy (quiet, married, kid) said "I'm going to the bathroom". "Surrrree you are" we said. We didn't see her again until we left! So Brit and I looked at each other and said "We're here, we're soaked, our cell phones probably runied, our hair certainly is - let's do it! " So we rocked out 80's style. It was pretty freakin' amazing actually. I love live music. I love the energy of the crowd, everyone is there for the same reason (welllll ,,,, Brit and I weren't indulging in the natural herbalage that most around us were .. but you know what I mean !)

So thats all for now. I'll post pics from the wedding later. OH! I went Samba dancing last night. for $7 you get an hour lesson and you can stay till midnight and dance the night away. I was pooped and we left at 10 or so. It was quite interesting.

I am having so much fun here ! I've done more in the past 5 months than I've done in the past 5 years in Halifax !!

Gotta run. Make up needs to be put on- hair to be done and a sacred ceremony promising forever to attend .

Later!!!
L.

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Great Update!! your boss sounds like a winner, that is great to hear.

I hope nobody notices the dress being the same as you wore to Ash's wedding- that would make you look SO LAME!! Kidding.

Love you,
Thanks for the update, wish I could see you little sis.

LOVE!!
R

Kennyo said...

I'm back...
http://apolicemanslife.com

Miss ya Leanne, Looks like your having fun,

Loveya kenny