Saturday, October 31, 2009

So Anyway ...

Its a gorgeous Saturday here in Cowtown. 11 degrees - I ventured out into the sunshine on the front step this morning in my capri jammie bottoms. Ventured would be equivilant of a 7.2 seconds as I just wanted to see what it was like out and get a peek at the new neighbours. They have kids. Little kids. So little that laying in bed being a lazy-bum-phone-turned-off-sleeping-in-avoiding-real-lifer, I thought that Maria was out in the living room watching Jon and Kate Plus Eight, with all that little chatter.
It's 12:19 and I'm still in my pj's. Maria is cooking African stew and it stinks so bad that I shut my bedroom door, lit a scented candle and opened my window. Its so stinky that she's lit a little candle in a oil burn-y thing with vinegar in it to obsorb the smell in addition to both back and front doors open.
I kinda like this Saturday. I'm hanging in my room with an amazing book, my ever present pen and notebook, french pressed Starbucks coffee, great music, a peaceful mind and somehow feeling very content and very loved. Its weird to be loved from so far away, its different than the love you get from friends, roommates, or people you can see and touch. Its pretty nice ...
My other roommate is moving to Uganda in two weeks so we're trying to squeeze as much time in with her as possible. She's such a wonderful, fun, kind, funny sweet thang ! I'm really going to miss her. I love that the women I live with are so raw and honest. Karen came upstairs last night as I was making tea to go back into my room and to get shiz done and she said "I don't know whats wrong with me tonight - I'm just lonely and kinda needy" as she sits down at the table - so I put my plans aside and we sat and laughed and talked for an hour ... I figured the stupid stuff in my room can wait because in two weeks I'm going to looking for her to come through the kitchen door to chat and its never going to happen again. And that sucks. I realize change is what makes the world go 'round, but all this coming and going and people coming into my life and leaving (or vice versa) is starting to drive me crazy. I know they all have their purpose, so I will simply accept that.

The Deerfoot Trail is going to kill me. Seriously. I have to get another car or I will literally die on that road. The speed limit is 100, sometimes 110, and if you're not driving 120 at least, you're being pushed off the road by transfers, lifted pickups and sports cars driven by people who evidently have pretty secure insurance policies. I didn't use the truck on Friday and had to drive the Deerfoot to get back to work and I literally hung on and drove. People here are crazy. I love driving the truck - its pre-dented, I don't have to anything .... its been done for me! And I think when people see a dented vehicle trying to get in a lane, they let it go because OBVIOUSLY, that driver doesn't care anymore! Plus, I'm bigger than most and don't usually have problems getting in whichever lane I want. Kinda like going to the gym with Adam. The traffic parts like the Red Sea ...

Okay, I have to get back to my amazing book and then hit the gym. Then the usual Saturday night activities.

Oh. I have to stop saying "I'm peacing out". First of all, its about 15 years too young for me, and secondly, not very professional. ANDDDD I said it to the owner of the company and the Office Manager yesterday as I was leaving the office. Yup. I said, and I quote "OK .... are we done here? Cuz' I'm peacing out." Gathering paycheques for one of my stores, my scarf, keys, wallet, various other miscellaneous, yet necessary and awkward items, I said "Do you like how I speak like a teenager?" Bruce, (the owner) said "Well, you have to be relatable." Hmmmm... I didn't know if I should feel like the hip, cool TM or a desperately hanging on to her fledging youth coug.
But I didn't think of it again until now, now that I'm about to sign off with my regular, Peace out Weekenders, or whatever cheeseball line came to mind. Now I'm stuck .....

So I'm just gonna say ....

I'm just sayin' !

xo
LeeLeeMac

1 comment:

Heidi @ Idlehide said...

I love your updates. I seriously miss you out here. :-( Xoxo, heidi