Tuesday, November 3, 2009

At Least This Time I Was Dressed

My roommate Karen has a friend, Maina, who happens to be male and who happens to have caught me, shockingly, in my infamous robe one night, a few months ago.

Of course, I still have my $7 robe (it has so many stories now, I don't want to get rid of it) and of course I was home for more than 10 minutes and it was on. In all its glory. And nubbiness. And uglyness. And 'doesn't quite align"-ness.

I was in the kitchen, Maina in the basement. But not for long. He came bounding up the stairs, completely unaware that anyone new has come in the house, entered the kitchen through the half open french door, and with his hand still on the doorknob, eyes a little wide, said " Whoa". (literally)

Oh hey, I say nonchalantly, I'm Leanne, (silence and further disbelief on his part) I live here. He, with much trepidation, reaches his hand out and says I'm Maina, Karen's friend. Oh nice I say. Its great to meet you.

Maria walks into the kitchen as I'm leaving and says, Again? Yup I say. Again.

I haven't seen him since. Until tonight when I come home, am in my bedroom and answer yes to Karen's question of whether or not I want freshly baked chocolate cake. I am standing in the kitchen, he hears K and I talking, comes up and before he rounds the corner I hear, "I want to see what Leanne looks like with clothes on". (literally) For the record, I was in full work garb.

Is that going to be my legacy??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! Thats awesome.

Heidi

Liana said...

I still have that same robe (in purple!!!) I only save it for when my nice short white robe is in the wash LOL