Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I've Come Undone

Storme and Skyler turn 8 tomorrow, I can hardly believe it! So I called them tonight to wish them Happy Birthday, and my little clone got on the line first and I heard her sweet little voice say "Why did you have to move so far away to Calgary?" I can hardly tell you how my heart broke. She continued to tell me how much she misses me and that her best birthday ever would be to see me, that she would smother me in thousands of kisses. She asks me if I'm crying and when I say yes, she coos "Its okay, Leanne, its okay". Then the Skyman gets on and asks me if I have any puppies out here ? He's referring to Ellie having puppies two years ago and told me how the one with the yellow band peed on him and the one with the blue band was his favorite and what a fun night he had when we took him and Storme to the Bay to see the 6 wk old bouncing black furballs. Among other things I tell him that I love and miss him and hope he has a super day tomorrow etc. Storme gets back on the phone and says "I just wanted to say goodbye and tell you that I love you and we can always talk on the phone, you know, we are always right here. And if you ever need help, we'll come out to see you".

The love I have for these children simply cannot be measured. My biggest fear is that they won't remember me, that others and other activities will come into their life and overshadow the "me" factor in their life. To hear their sweet little voices and hear Sky reminisce of the puppy visit so long ago, makes me happy. So we've vowed to skype and call more often and keep in touch better.

These tears are of relief, and happiness.

No comments: