Thursday, November 19, 2009

Save the Drama for yo' Mama

Now that I can talk about it, I will tell you the story.

After almost a week of anger, confusion, embarassment, and my pride taking a cross check from behind, I can tell you about it.

So here it is:

Last Friday at 1:30 MST I went into a scheduled meeting with the GM of my company to be given my paycheque. My last paycheque. Yeah, I was being laid off due to a money crunch.

Okay. I can take that, seeing thats been my life for the past 12 months, but what I can't take it the fact that the new guy is staying. He gets to take my job (essentially), the job I trained him for two weeks for. The job I did all the repair work on, got numbers to where they should be, boosted morale where finally someone was giving the staff some incentives and praise. At last, the staff had someone they could trust and who answered their questions, and empowered them to do better. This new guy will reap all the rewards of my 14 hour days, weekends and blood sweat tears!

The GM was just as upset as I was. I wasn't sad. I was MAD. The fact that this company has absolutely no integrity makes me, literally, happy to leave. The fact that the owners made this decision without the GM's input, the fact that they don't have the balls to even be in that meeting, and the fact that they aren't willing to pay me my almost $2000 bonus owed to me, to be paid out on the Nov 30th pay makes me pretty relieved that I got out of there before they could take another portion of my soul and hard earned money!

HERES THE KICKER: I was given 4 tickets to a hockey game from Rogers corporate to "do what I want with" as they were given to me a friend, not an member of said former company once employing me. So I decided to treat my staff to a Blackhawks/Flames game and set a sales contest for them for TONIGHTS GAME!! Guess who's not going to the game???? Yeah - me. Not going to the game but the new guy is with three of the staff (who don't like him)

I'm not bitter. For real. Because I was snatched up by the other dealer in the city. My GM put in a call for me just as I was emailing (the guys who gave me the tickets) to see if there was anything at Corporate for me. So I had an interview at 4:00 the next day, that guy sent me to Edmonton to meet the owner, Alberta Reginonal Manager, Business to Business Manager and a Recruiter they'd hired to find someone for their Area Manager position. And was offered a job on Wednesday. Not the job I interviewed for, but the Manager of a single store. So after a day of deliberating, and putting my pride aside and trying not to be vindictive or angry, I said yes to the job, the job they created for me because they saw potential blah blah blah. The job I'd interviewed for was too senior for my experience and they want me to succeed ..... thus giving me this experience to move ahead when a new Area Manager job comes up within the next year.

So .... thats my story. I long for security and stability and find myself lacking the energy now to even think of my future as being something close to that. Its been a really hard week and am battling very negative thoughts and attitudes (to be honest). But I have a wonderful and patient support system. I guess drama is still in my cards for now - Quite frankly, I'm tired of meeting/working with new people, getting close to them and having them snatched away ..... I think I'd prefer boring over this. I thought when I left my twenties, I'd leave the dramatics behind, but it only gets worse as time goes on.

Heres hoping for a more settled future and postive outlook (cuz right now .... I'm struggling to see the good in all this ! )



So now that you're up to speed ... we can move on and never speak of this again .. :-)

Peacin' Out .........

LLM

1 comment:

Mark said...

friggin turkeys! What goes around, comes around. You're right though, better to be rid of them.

Keep yer stick on the ice.
Love you, Mark.