Wednesday, November 18, 2009

2005 Archives!

Found these gems tonight on my comp, trying to clean it up ...

This is the last, and certainly NOT the first time I've mowed this lawn. (2005) I was home for the weekend with no plans of manual labour and had to borrow Ashley's halter top from when she was 12, I think, which was decidedly too small while my shorts slightly too big. I immediately regretted my good heartedness and my cheerful and enthusiastic "Hey Dad, do you need me to mow the lawn?" as the harsh, very real and physical memories of that giant task came crashing in around me. But at least the dew had evaporated, as it was clearly past noon (Mo) so it wasn't dangerous.


Marilu's first glance at her baby brother. Look how little she is, so hard to believe she is 7 and goes to dance and tae kwon do and uses big words and thinks shes a teenager and ... the list goes on


Nanny's first visit


My first, (thank you Captain Obvious) look too. Photo taken by dreamy anesthesiologist who was a resident and had been an engineer before this and wanted a career change so at 28 he went to Med school and was really enjoying it ... and I found all this out at 5 am after a fast cab ride with no shower and minimal makeup .... he may have thought I was cute, I'll never know seeing I lost all street cred when I had to lay on the cold floor because the smell of the room was making me light headed, and I almost fainted. Poor Iris, I was supposed to be there as a support and I was curled up on the OR floor pale and pouring sweat, and with a resting heart beat of about 150! (probably an exaggeration on the heart beat number ....)

Amazon Woman even manages to look giant beside the pregnant woman .... Moments before the entrance of a very special little boy, Handley, who would later declare that trucks move his brain and make us all melt with his smile and wit and hugs and ... the list goes on.


Okay. Thats enough nostalgia. I'm getting lonesome again.
Later Skaters,
LeeLeeM

1 comment:

David Macdonald said...

Great pictures and amusing captions!! Thanks