Friday, September 17, 2010

A Walk Down (My Imagination) Memory Lane

A Sunday drive to Okotoks yielded not only a deeper longing to live there and have a barn with horses and a sprawling house where my family could come and stay with me all at once but I found this amazing truck and had to stop to take pictures. It was 30,000 miles on it, it’s a 1948 and has sat in a barn in Sask for 30 years. Its $1800. About $30,000 to restore but its practically rust-free. I can get you the phone number if you want to buy it ....

I couldn’t help but let my mind wander and imagine the stories the truck could tell me. I wonder how many good crops it saw, how many stressful days and drives through the field with the owner wondering how he was going to make it.


I wonder if there were more happy times than sad times, more fruitful times than not and I wonder how many kids learned to drive in it; how many took it for joy rides through the pastures, or if it was the main transportation on any first dates to drive ins or A&W’s? I wonder if a new bride and groom drove away to start their life together in this then beautiful, shiny truck?

I wonder how much it cost to purchase and how hard the owner had to work to acquire it ...


I love old things and love to hear the stories surrounding them.

2 comments:

Ramona said...

great pics, gorgeous old truck!!

Gwen said...

Loving old things and the stories they could tell must be a family trait! I'm the same.