Sunday, January 23, 2011

Time Flies Part I

Wow. Its been two months and two days since my last post.

I must admit, its been a wacky 60 days. But who am I kidding? Its been a wacky 36 years! But I've not blogged because I wasn't in the mood. My life is just mild disaster after another, so I think I was waiting for my desire to write to return, as well as some postive news to share.

Well, theres not been negative news, so thats positive :-). Heres how my life has gone since Nov 21.

I had major drama at work that saw my reputation once again at the hands of a manipulative, not-truth-telling drama queen who assumed I was passive and wimpy, given the joking/goofing around we did as she was temping in my office.

MY office. The office I love, the Partners I respect, the job (I don't love, but put up with because of the aforementioned qualities). MY amazing little corner of Calgary, MY fairy tale of an office, tucked away in my favorite part of the city.

She thought I'd lay down in defeat because I was (as she told me repeatedly the previous two weeks she spent by my side) 'one of the sweetest, kindest people she ever met') (didn't I have her fooled heehee).

She thought I would back down when her aggression increased, thus her level of non-truths, and as it turns out, the sympathy she received by some of my star-struck co-workers. (she played poker professionally before she came to us - she was quite the hit! And definitely with me too, funny enough)

Long story short, she was fired for causing so much trouble, but not before wrecking havoc with my perfect little work equilibrium. Not before the actions of two of the Partners would permanently change my perception of humanity. Sounds dramatic? It was. It was a complete wake up call that You HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR NUMBER ONE. And not in a selfish way. Just in a natural, don't be so flippin' naive to think that just because you are good to people that they will be good to you way. In the end, ten of the twelve partners came to my defense, seeing my spotless record :-) as a drama-free employee, hard worker, pleasant, etc .... and life goes on.

Yeahhhhh .... 35 and just learning that lesson, after how many times??

I'm not mad, I'm just trying to re-adjust to this new survival method. Its very,very hard for me to not give 100%. Hard for me to do something halfway. If I love, I love all the way. If I'm devoted to my job, I'm devoted to a fault. Unfortunately, there are many things in life I don't have a mid-point re-evaluation station .... its not necessarily a great trait to possess. However, I'm just trying to (two months later) find my balance at work. I still like it there. Alot. And noone has really mentioned that girl, they let it drop. So thats helpful, and its been smoother since the New Year, thankfully. But I am very much on alert, and trying to improve my situation ... I'll keep you posted :-)

I long for the day that I am no longer the target for the women that give my gender a bad name.

Its exhausting. Its funny though, the whole thing has toughened me up. In a really, calm and gentle way. (does that even make sense??)

Thats all on that.

No comments: