Sunday, January 23, 2011

Time Flies Part III

While the mall I got the job at is 27 kms from my house, Maria asked me to house/dog sit while she was in England for three weeks.

I said yes, after a week of thinking about it. I would've said no if she had someone else to do it, but she didn't. So I was mom to a Newfoundland dog and a Bermese Mountain dog for 21 days.

(speaking of counting down :-) )

I am not a dog person. Period.

I will never do it again. Period.

Even for my beloved Maria. I will say no next time.

But her house is such a beautiful, peaceful haven retreat. And its only 7 or 8 kms away from the mall. I only had to drive into the city three mornings for work. The rest of the time, our office was closed for the holidays.

I got to relax and stay in a home and it was spectacular.

Bree and Britt came over the week of Christmas and we exchanged presents and drank wine and chatted. Heres something weird: We are very close friends. All three of us equally close but we don't see alot of each other, and it just proved how much we need to rely on each other ...

After an hour of chit chat, laughing, opening presents, eating, letting dogs out, the Newf dog knocking Britt to her feet (wish I had video, one of the funniest things I've seen in ages!!), we each had a turn with the conch (Remember the book in Grade 11 , Lord of the Flies) and it turns out, all three of us had something major and disrupting happening in our lives. We spent the first hour being goofy and silly pretending we were all ok.

It really opened my eyes to the importance of communication and prayer for each other (even when we don't know what is or isn't happening in others lives.) And how vital friendship is.

Those girls are the glue that have kept me together and kept me in Calgary. And it made me sad to know they were having troubles and I didn't know. But I didn't ask .... nor did they, I guess, but we've vowed to not let that happen again. ;-)

Thats all on that topic, folks,

Cheers,

LLMac

No comments: