Monday, July 25, 2011

Stories

... boy do I hear some doozies.

Working with men who've been in Oil and Gas globally for 35 years has opened my eyes to the vastness of life that lives beyond the safe confines of the shores of North America.

Singapore. Malaysia. Spain. Brazil. All night time stories. All involving copious amounts of booze.

Regardless of their origin, these stories, along with the story telling talent, has us open-mouthed and howling in laughter.

I think I may be in for the ride of my life up here. I have found myself in direct contact with some very powerful people who are more than willing to help me out with my career choices.

It is good (so far) but remember how over the top excited I was about my last job and how I had sunshine and lollipops coming out my butt as I flew hand in hand (hoof?) with unicorns over fields of sugarplums and chocolate then it went to hell in a handbag in an instant? Well, this time, I'm not setting myself up for that kind of fall - so I'm just chillin', doing my job and not getting emotionally involved. So for now, I really like it, its challenging and not a typical office job and its an amazing opportunity to get ahead in life. So I'm going to continue to do what I'm doing and just get it done!

More to come....

Cheers Mates!

L.

No comments: