Monday, July 25, 2011

Trying To Sneak One By Me Fail

With strange rules at camp (thats a different post for a different day) like "you can't bring food from the dining hall out", I asked a co-worker this am if he'd nip a banana for me and put it in his coat since the Bag Up Room (where we pack a lunch for the day) was out by the time I'd gotten there. He complied and brought back two which were sweetly, perfectly ripe. I smiled in contentment at the vision of chunky peices of banana goodness in my gluten free Chex and rice milk at precisely 10:15. A yummy distraction from big ugly worky stuff.

At about 720, he appears in the door of my office. I light up. YES! My bananas are here (stolen waters are sweeter, no?) In his scottish accent, he says "Heres your bananas love". "Thanks!" I enthuse but do a double take when I see the fruit which previously was attached nicely at the stem was now seperated and one was conspicuously replaced by a much older, much less appealing, on-its-way-to-the-banana-bread-factory substitute.

I repeat my thanks looking up at him half expecting him to explain the mysterious switch. But, alas, he just looked at me with a glint in his eye and a secret look confirming our little heist had gone off without a hitch.

I wonder if he actually thinks I'm stoopid ....

No comments: