Sunday, October 2, 2011

Today's Burning Question

Why do we cover up zits?

I have one, nothing horrendous, (pardon the personal information here) that has decided to make its home on my forehead. I knew it was moving in, and I took the proper measures to thwart its habitation, but its managed to make itself nice and comfortable on real estate with a sweeping view of the countryside.

So today after lunch I bring out my little emergency kit of makeup (foundation, bronzer, brush, mascara, eyeliner) that is stashed in my desk drawer, and open it up to reveal the mirror so I can take affirmative action on this pesky little visitor.

As I'm blending in the foundation oh so carefully, squinting into the 1" x 2" mirror provided, I suddenly realize its futile.

The zit is still there.

Its still in the middle of my forehead.

Its still visible.

The only accomplishment of this procedure is a shinier, paler patch of skin on my forehead with a little protusion showcasing my feeble attempt at concealing the offending zit.

So the question remains - why do girls cover up their zits? Sometimes I think I do it just so people know I know its there; and its not an awkward "want to look you in the eye but can't because a massive, um, thing is crawling off your face" situation. Who knows?

side note: as a joke I was going to add in a picture of zit (not my own) and I googled it, hit images and promptly almost puked. And didn't think it was the christian thing to do to put that in your mind. Now if you go and google it yourself, then thats done on (in? by?) your own free will and beyond my control, thus out of my conscience.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thoughtlife.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

You're hilarious. And I'm not sure if I have the nerve to google "zits". Ha!

skinnylickingood said...

this posted NEEDED a picture of the offensive little critter!! lol