Friday, January 6, 2012

A Cabo Christmas!

These are mixed up and Blogger is slow and silly, so my update won't be thorough, but FB has more pics.
Tassie and I being silly - based on a viral YouTube video about the silly things girls say and do.


Where we stayed. It was cold the first couple of days so we were pretty white for a lot of our trip.

 Melted candle wax structure in one of the two a la carte restaurants. There was an Italian restaurant and a Mexican one as well. So good. And free. Well, not really free, as we completely overpaid for a week away! haha. But all you had to bring was tip money.

 We were taken out on a pub-crawl with our surf instructors. This was the key to the bathroom at The Jungle Bar

 Can you spot the Canadians??

 SNORKLING!!! was amazing!
 These creepy elves were EVERYWHERE. What nighmares are made of!
 Tassie and I making fun of Sherri's famous 'get ready' pose. (she did this one day on the beach before attempting a carthwheel)

 Our first night there! Look how bundled we are! It was so cold. And we're so un-tanned, we look sickly.

 Our (handsy) surf instructors

 Our surf instructors in a totally different situation! haha
 Now I could care less about Sammy Hagar (of ... Van Halen fame, I believe) buuuut,,,, TOBY KEITH!! was in town and at this bar two nights before. He is really the only celebrity that I would walk up to and talk. But he wasn't there the night I was. Boo.
 Tass and I pretending (posing) that the giant waves were scary.
 Sherri and I not pretending to marvel at the sand nearly moving us back with it
Almost successful picture  ... CABC?

It was such a fabulous time! We went ziplining too and that was so scary - flying down a metal cable with just a helmet over canyons and each ride (we did 7) were higher and longer than the last. At least I face my fear of heights!! Still scared of edges, but can say I did it and would do it again, no question!

The girls were so much fun to travel with. Very easy-going. We did our own thing when we felt like it. I went for a walk down the beach by myself a couple of times. They went off to the Infinity pool while I lounged and read.

I'd def go with them again - and I think they'd say the same. Hope so anyway :-).



No comments: