Thursday, March 29, 2012

Calgary to Halifax - Part 6 - Waterfront and A Trip on to a Ship

After the pool, and the Wave - we were tourists and sauntered along the waterfront. (one of my favorite places ever)
Weird to see an Asian busker. He was really good, but did't take debit, so I couldn't contribute to his cause.
Heidi joined us (she's the one in scrubs)
There was a Venezulan ship in town (reason is unknown to me). Heres Barry, Iris and kids standing in front of the sign, with Barry hiding the 8th star. He explained why its bad when theres 8 stars, but I was freezing and could only thing of warm things.

The family with the Spanish sailors. I was so excited for Iris. Imagine, being sooo far from your home and you stumble upon a ship from your country, where they speak your language and aren't pasty white like the rest of the Canadians you're surrounded by! How happy would you be?!
Then Brad and Angelina show up with their white kid.
Big Ship.
Poor guys were sooo cold (I could relate) and were huddled together in groups, probably using Murphy on the Water's WiFi.
Cutest of all, Nate. Fleeing the scene. I don't know where he was going, but I followed him. Turns out, nowhere in particular.
View from another angle
Ms Thang herself posing in front of it.

No comments: