Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back in the 'Fax

A little bit of bad news here -
Along with thousands of other people, I've been laid off.
I''m okay with it now. Took a couple of days to get my head around looking for work again - along with thousands of other people!
But I'm back now, in good spirits and just going to tackle each day as it comes. I have a busy one today with phone calls and resume updating, those kinds of things.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not dancing around with joy that I've lost my job, but I'm remaining positive (for the most part) and just getting started at looking for, even, a crap retail job. Just for now.
Last night though, brushing my teeth, the bonding came off my eye took again.
Because of trauma issues with the dentist after a number of painful surgeries, slow and complicated recoveries, I'm not too excited about the prospect of going all day with an exposed root and an early morning appt. tomorrow with 'that smell', those needles, freezing, swelling, not being able to eat for a while. UGH! At least he work is guaranteed and this won't cost me.

Heres some pics of the plane I flew home in. Direct to Halifax. 4.5 hours. It was pure luxury!
And my slick (he prefers the term 'effective') seatmate (who arrived at check-in long after me, jumped the line (well, you did Jody!! lol) and was sitting on the bus 20 minutes before me ..... while I was standing there, layered for outside weather, sweating, with people pushing me from behind and basically gridlocking with their luggage) was perfectly place in line and the airport and we got the last row of first class seats.
Challenger 890 - Ridin' in Style!
The food was questionable at best - but when you've not eaten all day you'll eat anything. With a gluten allergy, I had to use the bottom half of the sandwich as a plate and cut up the ham and cheese with my plastic knife and fork.
You could see inside the cockpit. Just like the old days. The pilot and crew were incredible. Its a Suncor jet. And the pilot, as we were preparing to land, THANKED us !!! for flying with them and said "hopefully we'll get everything straighted away here and we'll be back to pick you up in Halifax in no time." It was actually quite touching - but come to think of it, he's probably just as worried for his job security as we are !!
Bye Firebag! I'll miss you. Well , I'll miss your paycheques.
We got to witness the sun setting. What a sight! Photo courtesy of my seatmate, Jody.
We had lots of laughs - def made the trip fly by.
(aware of the cheesy pun - but can't think of another term)
THANKS FOR THE SEND OFF SUNCOR!!!!
Cheers Y'all !
L.

1 comment:

skinnylickingood said...

You really can't make up names for some of the colors in that sunset huh!? I'll be posting some of my own pics on my blog (after an overhaul)and facebooking them pretty soon as well.
Ya Awesome Flight Tho'! I had this Beautiful girl flying with me and first class seats!! All I needed was a glass of Cristal and I'd have felt like Diddy!!
Karma's a bitch tho' and on the way back I know I'm gonna get some fat and sweaty piece of 'won't shut up while he's awake, leaning over me and drooling while he's asleep' old man jammed into one of the horrid coach seats for the 16 hour flight with 3 stops cause there isn't enough of us lucky bastards going back to fill a plane!! **(punctuation? run on sentence maybe??lol)** I miss flying with you already RockTruck Grrrl!!! sob sob whine! lol
Take care and good luck with the quest for gainful local employment!!