Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Dentist

I hate the dentist.
And no, the term is not too strong.
Despise. Deplore. Detest. Abhor. Loathe
Sorry, I don't hate thedentist.
I hate going to the dentist.
I love my dentist. We've been friends for 9 years now.
He was in dental school when I worked at the Y and we started hanging out.
He would bring me amazing tabouli that his mom would make ... I've been trying to find its equal ever since.
So when he graduated, I followed him. Which wasn't far. It is Halifax.
After a couple of thousands of dollars in bondings, extractions, subsequent dry socket (clove flavoured stuffings), hours in freezing, itchy freezing-coming-out, Bells Palsy like smiles, its safe to say ......
I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST.
And my appt this morning was at 8! I was literally half asleep there.
But the procedure was quick, had a great catch up chat with Dr. Lawen (I have to stop and think to call him that instead of Danny) and his wonderful assistant Mel. Blue Cross covered most of it, He wrote the rest off. He is so very very good to me.
THENNNNN I went up one floor to see Heidi.
She was in the washroom (her coworker told me) so I snuck in and scared her.
And we proceeded to laugh our heads off at my crazy smile.
Thats all.
Now I am in full find-a-job mode.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Have a good one y'all.
L.

No comments: